Wednesday, October 3, 2007

?Did you know? [Today: Culture & People]

[Thoughts…]
When I surf on the internet I like checking websites that have something clever to offer, that combine entertainment with education. I usually have tons of questions about life and the world in general and I like jotting them down in my own little notebook before I go to bed… My questions and interests vary from year to year and mood to mood. Basically the concept that I follow is to get to learn as many things as you can in this life… I believe that knowledge and the thirst for knowledge is what keeps people motivated and goal-oriented: acquiring knowledge assists you improve your mental, social and problem-solving skills… As an International Relations student I would say that, any kind of information that comes in your way, should be welcomed and received…

"Knowledge is an organized body of information, or the comprehension and understanding consequent on having acquired and organized a body of facts"

"Wisdom is a knowledge of people, life, and conduct, with the facts so thoroughly assimilated as to have produced sagacity, judgment, and insight..."



?Did you know? (personally…I didn’t!!!)
#Today's topic: Culture and People


1) Why people in warm climates wear black clothes?

[The reason why I wanted to know...] We know that black color absorbs more heat than any other color does. In fact, white is the color ("which combines all other colors" as my mom* used to say :P ) However, I realized that in most warm-climate countries, people traditionally wear black clothes and especially, long black clothes. But what is the logic behind of that?

[The conclusion of my little research] Its not hard to understand that big clothes allow and facilitate the circulation of air underneath. But what I discovered after reading a couple of articles, is that in the case of the black, big and…airy clothes, hot air (that is, in the warm climates) absorbs the airflow that is caused from walking, which while ascending up, it cools the person who wears the big-black clothes. What does this mean? The best self-air-conditioning clothes…! :P

*lol… my mom is a painter :P

*What do you think about this article?*
*I would love to read your comments! Either your agree with me or reject my thoughts, either it is a sentence, or a paragraph….your comment is always welcome!*

No comments:

Post a Comment